Sunday, June 21, 2009

A tribute to our very special Daddy

Today I wanted to share with the world (so to speak) what an awesome Daddy my two boys have. My husband is really a wonderful father. We are so blessed. He is so patient and kind. He rarely raises his voice. He is the master of distraction when necessary. He is playful and fun. He takes the boys fishing, plays baseball with them at the drop of a hat, and is always there to listen and care for them. He lives a life that is good, honest, and true. He is an excellent role model and I am so happy that my boys have him to look up to. Honey, I just want you to know how much I love and appreciate you. I love that we share this crazy life together. You are everything to me and to the boys. Thank you for ALL you do.

My hubby's big Father's Day gift was a new circular saw along with some other tools that were packaged as a set. We bought it earlier this week when we went to Home Depot. Today the boys gave him this framed picture. I had seen this idea on a blog and really liked it. I just traced the boys hands on scrapbook paper and glued them onto a sheet of cardstock. Then I framed it with a document sized (8 1/2 by 11) frame.



Tonight we are having my mom and dad over to cook out. My oldest son and I made these special cupcakes for our dessert. The idea is from the latest issue of Family Fun magazine. When I saw this idea in the magazine I knew it was perfect for my husband. We have nearly 2 acres and from about May through October he is out there every weekend mowing to keep things looking great. He also mows the grass for my parents at their condo and I know they truly appreciate it. Thankfully, he doesn't have to use a push mower on our big lot. It still takes him 3 hours to mow with the riding lawn mower and another hour to trim. The care and attention he gives to our yard is one of many things he does that I truly appreciate.



These cupcakes went together pretty easily except for the handle on the mower. I couldn't find the string licorice at the store yesterday, so I bought the peel and pull. It was kind of flimsy as opposed to being stiff like the string licorice. That made it too floppy to use as a handle. I finally ended up putting the cut pieces into the freezer for about 10 minutes which allowed them to stiffen up enough for me to poke the ends into the cupcake. Then I snapped the photos. I put the cupcakes into our refrigerator downstairs. Hopefully, they will stay cool enough that the handles won't collapse again. Otherwise, such a totally cute idea. I think DH will love them.


4 comments:

My Blessings From Above said...

You're framed handprints look great! We made the same thing!

Stephanie said...

Oh my gosh ... I LOVE the picture the boys made. And those lawnmower cupcakes are awesome. I always enjoy your creativity!

http://starkravingbibliophile.blogspot.com

DH said...

Thanks honey for the wonderful Father's Day!

Jamie said...

Those cupcakes look delicious! I must be hungry whenever I open your blog because every time I see them I think that we need to make some. Yum! They're adorable.