Thursday, May 28, 2009

Proud owner of a............






..........Hoover SteamVac Turbo Power Carpet Cleaner. Yes, I've owned one of these babies for about 4 hours now. I am very excited about it!! However, the reason I finally took the plunge and bought one of these is really sad. Our dog, Buzz, started having severe seizures last night. He had approximately 7 seizures within a 24 hour period of time. We are talking grand mal, losing control of all bodily functions-type seizures. Needless to say, this has been really traumatizing to him as well as to DH and me. Luckily, the boys did not witness the seizures. Buzz went to the vet today and they did a bunch of bloodwork. So far they've ruled out a lot of bad scary things that could have caused the seizures. We were up practically all night with him last night since he was having one about every 2-3 hours like clockwork. He had one while at the vet's today and has been placed on Phenobarbitol. He is staying there overnight for observation. Our poor little Buzzy boy. Since he lost all control during each seizure, suffice it to say that we had a lot of yucky spots to clean up. When we went through all this just over a month ago with our dog, Magic, I rented a carpet cleaner, then ended up borrowing one from a friend a few days later when we had a mess again after I'd returned the rented vac. The borrowed vac was a Hoover SteamVac and I LOVED it. So after the events of the past 24 hours, I headed to Bed Bath and Beyond this evening and bought one. With 4 animals that poop, pee and barf a lot, it is a good investment. The other great thing is that I had a $50 gift certificate to the mall where the store was and I signed up for the Bed Bath and Beyond emails and got a 20% off savings certificate. So we ended up getting the SteamVac for just about half price. I immediately put it together and cleaned up our yucky spots when I got home. This steam vac works GREAT! I cannot recommend it enough. It cost us about $45 to rent a rug cleaner for 8 hours and after a few uses, our new one will pay for itself. Hopefully Buzz will come home tomorrow. He is a really sick little guy and we are so sad about what happened. We hope it will be controllable with meds. We cannot bear the thought of going through what we just went through with Magic all over again.

Otherwise, I've been enjoying my summer vacation. I had a pleasant surprise visit from my friend, Tammie, today. She reads the blog and was in the neighborhood and decided to stop by and see my new paint job and drapes. THANKS, Tammie! It was great to see you!! I've been working on some more projects that are not quite ready to post about. Going through all that with Buzz has put an abrupt halt to all other plans. I'll write more soon!

1 comment:

Tess said...

So sad to hear about Buzz, I hope he is returned to you well. I'd hate for you to have to suffer the way you did with Magic. :(

All the best, I hope things turn out happily :)