Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Sights and Sounds of a SNOW DAY!!! (Part 1)

Today the boys and I are home from our respective schools because the Midwest is having a HUGE snowstorm right now. It's been snowing here since about 10 p.m. last night and isn't supposed to stop until about that time tonight. We may very well have another snow day tomorrow. Since I am blessed with more time at home today I decided to blog about our day here at home.

Well, even though both my boys' schools were cancelled as of last night both my boys were awake by 6:30 a.m.!! I guess I forgot to mention that you are supposed to SLEEP IN on a snow day. It was still a relaxing morning and we went sledding in our front yard around 9:00 a.m. While the boys were sledding I took a bunch of pictures of them and of the snow. Our rooster, Arthur (AKA "The chicken formerly known as Dixie), was crowing his head off while we were sledding so I thought it would be cool to make a little video of that to post on the blog. Of course when I started taping on my camera he didn't crow. However, I am pleased to report that this post does include the very first video I've ever posted. Scroll down and you can view, "Snow Chickens", directed and filmed by yours truly.

Below you can see our dog, Buzz. He is not enamored with the snow. I took him out to do his thing an hour or so ago and the snow is almost up to his tummy. Here you can see him sacked out on the floor next to me while I type this.



By the end of this storm we could have about a foot of snow on the ground. It is so peaceful to be outdoors in the country when the snow is falling. There is really nothing else like it that I've ever experienced. So serene and lovely.



The chickens are not incredibly thrilled about the snow either. They spent most of yesterday and today so far "cooped up" in their coop. Here you can see the silent Arthur and Clara peeking out their chicken door.




When I approached the coop to start filming my masterpiece, Sarah, our outgoing chicken, came out to greet us. She is such a camera hog. She is basically the star of the movie and wouldn't have it any other way. She is such a little diva!! ha!




You can see from this photo that we already have several inches of snow and it's not letting up anytime soon.




And now, the moment you've all been waiting for..............may I present the premiere of "Snow Chickens". (In case you are wondering who is speaking to the chickens in a dippy voice..........it was my twin sister. OK..........it was me.) Enjoy!! (NOTE: To hear the audio and to begin the video, click on the arrow in the lower left corner. Or click on the big arrow in the center. You may also need to scroll down to the very bottom of the blog screen to temporarily turn off my playlist. Otherwise you'll be hearing music and the video at the same time which would potentially be very annoying.)


PS: I will post later about all the other stuff we're doing today. I am just really excited to see if the video works so I have to post this right now!!!

2 comments:

Montessori Moments said...

Wow, A christmas wonderland of snow!
We have cold and snow here too, but no storm!
I will have to post some pictures soon too!

Anonymous said...

Wow, i had to do a triple take. Our dog Daisy is Buzz's twin.
Love your blog.
Teresa