Thursday, December 10, 2009

SNOWED IN: Day 3

We are on our third day of no school here. I didn't post yesterday, but we were snowed in all day. It snowed from Monday night until Tuesday night. Then the winds picked up and blew all the snow around all night which caused huge drifts. The road crews spent all day yesterday trying to get everyone plowed out. All in all I think we have about a foot of snow on the ground which is a lot for us. It is frigidly cold here right now. Negative temps. Which I HATE!! Luckily the boys were able to spend quite a bit of time sledding on Tuesday before the drifts got so deep and the temps got so cold. My husband took them out for a little yesterday to sled but they had to sled on a path he had scooped because the snow is drifted so deep that even DH and I have a hard time walking in it on most parts of our property. I took all these photos yesterday to show how deep the drifts are.













The picture below shows where our driveway meets the road. You can see that it was totally drifted shut. Since we don't own a four-wheel drive vehicle we were pretty much stranded at home all day yesterday. The county finally plowed our road around 7:00 p.m. last night.



I wish I could say I've been really productive on our snow days, but I haven't really been. The Christmas program at my school is tomorrow night and I've decided to go ahead and have it even though a majority of my students won't have practiced all week. So.....that's on my mind right now. I'm sure it will all be fine. And although the boys and I are having a good time at home, it will be nice to get back to our routines again tomorrow.

No comments: