Friday, April 3, 2009

My Life. In Pictures. Day 5: Something Old

Before I tell you about today's photo, I want to thank Amber for hosting this week's photo challenge. It was so fun! I've never participated in a photo challenge before and I hope to do it again.

For my "something old" photo I walked around the house with my camera and looked for something that sparked my interest. What I decided on was this upholstered rocking chair. This chair belonged to my parents until last summer when they moved into a duplex. At that time, I scammed it from them for my home. It has been a great addition to our living room. The most wonderful thing about this "old" chair is that my parents had it all through my childhood. In fact, I have very vivid memories of coming out of my bedroom in the dark of the early morning and having my mom rock me in this chair until I woke up. During my childhood the chair was upholstered in a velvety green fabric. At some point that wore thin and my parents had it reupholstered in the current fabric. Green is my fave color, so I wish it still had the original fabric. Still..........I am really happy that it now lives in my living room. I love to sit in it and read at night when everyone else is asleep. And I also love to have one of the boys curl up in it with me to share a story.


6 comments:

Sally said...

What a great memory that you get to relive on a daily basis. I love your story.

Kathryn said...

That is a really special memory. Also wonderful that you can incorporate it into your home. Nice that new memories can continue to be made.

Sheri said...

That is so neat that you have the chair of memories. And the blue looks lovely on it. :0) altho green usually wins out for me too.

IE Mommy said...

What a beautiful memory. This was my favorite challenge day by far. Swing by the IE Mommy to view my entry!

Anonymous said...

Hi there- I found your blog a while back (fellow Montessorian) searching for some Montessori idea no doubt. I notice you are doing the flylady method and my advice stick with it and when you slip up just do what she said. It is AWESOME and in the next year you will be so excited. I remember when I finally got to a time I didn't even have a drawer or closet that needed gone through! It was amazing. I have slipped and need to start back on track. Thanks for the inspiration. Blessings!

Amber D. said...

I have several chairs that I have memories of! I'm glad you got this one for your home now.