Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Thrifty finds for the bedroom makeover

Today I squeezed in a little visit to my local thrift store. I was scouting out some items to use in my bedroom makeover. I have big plans for a spray paint project this weekend and after that's complete I want to add a few little items to the space to spruce it up a bit. I went to the store with only $10 cash and a commitment to not go over. I bought my little boy who was with me a diving mask for $2 and my total bill was $9.90........so I was able to snatch up a few pretty things for only $7.90, only a fraction of what I would have paid had I purchased them in a regular store at full price.

Since my bedroom color scheme is red, white and blue (but not in an Americana way, more in a shabby chic way to match my quilt), I was on the lookout for red and white. This little glass vase caught my eye. It's very unique with the embossed roses on it.



I've had my eye on this little stand for a while and finally decided to buy it. I think it will look great on the shelf I'm going to paint. I may put a framed photo on top. Haven't decided for sure yet.



I also bought this spray of silk flowers that I plan to cut down and place in the little white vase. I can't wait to see how it all comes together. I'll be sure to post about it here soon.

No comments: