Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Here is a peek...........

...........at the cards I am sending out for my Lent project. I made these up last night using a diagonal double pocket card tutorial I found at Robin's Craft Room. These are SO easy to make and turned out very cute (in my opinion). I wanted a card that had little pockets so I could slip a bookmark into it. I am sending these out to about 40 women who have impacted my life in a positive way (40 women for 40 days of Lent). I wanted each person to have something to keep to remember that I appreciate them and thought the bookmarks were a practical idea. In the back diagonal pocket I will insert a hand-written letter from me. I used my punches to add a little matching detail to the envelopes. I think it's fun to get something in a decorative envelope. I haven't "played" with paper for a long time and I really enjoyed it. I only made 5 cards so far, but my plan is to finish the rest soon so my evenings during Lent can just be focused on writing the messages instead of making the cards.


I found the gorgeous papers for these cards at Hobby Lobby. I bought this paper pad and this one. For this particular type of card, you have to have paper that is printed on both sides. I used 12X12 inch paper and cut it down to 8X10 for the cards. I was able to use the excess paper for the bookmarks. I embellished them with some little silk flowers and buttons. (Flowers were also from Hobby Lobby in the scrapbooking section.) These cards are seriously so easy to make. The link I included in the above paragraph has a YouTube video tutorial embedded in it. After you watch it, you will easily be able to replicate the card. You can even experiment on recycled paper to try out the technique.












1 comment:

Amber D. said...

Beautiful! You do so good on your card making!