Monday, February 23, 2009

Yeah, he's da' best!!

Here's another little DH story for you. I kind of like writing about him here, can you tell? OK........this weekend I stopped at the local video store and rented two movies: one for me to watch (I posted about this a few posts back) and one to watch with the DH. I didn't mention the "joint" movie idea to him right away. However, when I mentioned it to him, he told me he was really tired and wasn't sure he would be up to staying up after the boys were in bed to watch it. (At this point I hadn't told him what the movie was, so that had nothing to do with him wanting or not wanting to watch it.) While I appreciated him being honest, I was a little disappointed about it and since my face (like my mouth!!) is an open book, he knew I was disappointed. I tried to reassure him it was really okay, we could rent it another time, etc. And I really meant that. He has had a LOT going on at work lately and he is a terrible sleeper, so I really wanted him to at least TRY to get a good night's sleep.


Fast forward to Sunday evening. We had gotten both boys to bed pretty early and I was on the computer (no surprise there!). DH came out and asked me if I still wanted to watch the movie. How sweet is that? He was SO tired too. Our cats and our older son had disrupted his sleep the night before DURING the night and he'd been up since 4:45 a.m. with my oldest son. So it was really very sweet and generous of him to offer to watch it with me. The movie I had rented for us was Fireproof. I had seen it on a blog a few weeks ago, then our pastor mentioned it in church right after that. I really felt led to watch this movie with my husband. So we did. The acting was a little cheesy at times. The actors were good actors; I think they had some unnatural lines to deliver. However, the overall message about keeping your marriage "fireproof" was a good one. I am really glad we watched it. And I didn't even work on a quilt block while we were watching because I had to hold DH's hand during most of the movie. I know, I know.............aaaaaaaaaawwwwwwwwwwwwww!! He is really a great guy, and I truly do appreciate him. (AND..........you'll be happy to know I resubscribed him to my blogs, so maybe he will read this post.) :0)


1 comment:

Amber D. said...

I can't believe you watched the movie first! I am a total book before movie kind of girl! I LOVED the book. I will be sending it your way when Monica gets done with it. And thanks to you... for picking up the LOVE DARE book to go along with it for me the other day at Parables!