Thursday, July 16, 2009

After much preparation and anticipation............

.....................we still don't have baby chicks. They were supposed to arrive by today. However, they didn't. I have been calling our local post office every morning to see if they came in. My boys have been asking every day if our chicks will come "today". I contacted the hatchery and it turns out they had an incubator malfunction this week. As a result, two of the types we ordered didn't hatch. Apparently they sent me an email stating this on Tuesday but I didn't see it because it had gone into my spam folder. So......................we decided to accept substitutions for 2 of our chicken breeds and our chicks should now arrive by next Wednesday at the latest. Hopefully. At least we now have more time to get the coop done. I have a brooder box ready for them when they arrive. It is all set up in my bathroom right now. I forgot to take a picture though. I'll post that later.

No comments: