Sunday, July 19, 2009

Mr. Willowby's Christmas Tree by Robert Barry





I ordered this book from Amazon last year in anticipation of this year's Advent book activities. I didn't even read this one to the boys last year, so it will be fun to have a "brand-new" story to fall in love with. This is an adorable story about a tree that is too tall for its intended location. Each time the top gets lopped off and discarded, another creature is waiting in the wings to nab it for their own Christmas decoration. As the story progresses, the tree gradually gets smaller and smaller. It is such a sweet story.

I found the cutest pipe cleaner Christmas tree ornament on Danielle's Place. Scroll way down on the link I provided to see it. It is SOOOOO cute and I'm excited to make it with the boys.

1 comment:

Gidget Girl Reading said...

hey it is christmas in july right! :)

I love christmas books and the season i could read those books anytime!

How many are you going to do??