Thursday, July 23, 2009

The Little Fir Tree by Margaret Wise Brown




I bought this book a few years ago after seeing it reviewed on someone's blog. It is THE most beautifully illustrated book. I'm serious. The little boy in this book is so precious and reminds me quite a bit of my oldest son. The story is so touching as well. It is about a little boy who cannot walk so his father digs up a little fir tree each year to bring into the house for him. My oldest son wept when I read him this story for the first time. It is such a sweet story. I won't tell you how it ends though! Since we are making pipe cleaner Christmas tree ornaments to go with another one of our books, I thought we would make pine cone Christmas trees for this story. Last year we made glitter pine cones as one of our Advent activities and those would be great with this book as well.

No comments: