Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Advent Activity--Day 16--Montessori Elementary Program

Our Advent activity for Day 16 was attending my oldest son's Montessori Elementary Program. I wrote about it a little bit in the post just prior to this one. It was a really great evening. My parents went along with us which was nice. My big boy did a fantastic job reading his report on the jawless fish. He was not nervous at all about standing up and using the microphone in front of an audience, and he read his part flawlessly. We were very proud of him! It is amazing the things he is learning in the private Montessori school he attends. His program was called "A Ride Through the Eras" and it showcased what his class has been learning about the different eras of life on earth. He and his classmates truly have a much better understanding of this than any adult I know, including myself!! The older Elementary 2 class presented a program about "The Amazing Cell". Each child dressed as a part of a human body cell and presented information. Their costumes were really great and, again, their understanding of the subject matter was amazing. My husband teaches human physiology to college students and I seriously doubt they could have done better than those fourth and fifth graders at conveying the information. If you have stumbled onto this blog randomly and are interested in learning more about Montessori education, head over to my other blog, My Montessori Journey, where you can learn more about the Montessori method of education. Tonight we will be doing a fun Advent activity that I'll post about in the morning. Have a great day!!

No comments: