Monday, December 1, 2008

I can't help but wonder.........

..........if I'm crazy for starting this blog. I already have another blog which documents my experiences as a Montessori preschool teacher. On that blog I have also included many of the things I do with my children at home. I have found through writing my other blog that I really enjoy both the writing and the feedback from readers. I have drawn such inspiration from reading the blogs of other moms and teachers around the world who are doing their best to enrich the lives of those around them. I have never been good at keeping a journal, but for some reason having an "audience" has made me a very consistent blog writer. I have posted every day with few exceptions since starting my blogging experiences in May 2008. My intention for this blog is to write more about my thoughts and reflections on motherhood as well as documenting the experiences I create for my children in their early childhood years. Additionally, I hope to use this as a place where I can strive to become a better Christian. Creating a blog with that as a main purpose will require me to think harder about my daily actions and words. I constantly disappoint myself by not living up to being the person I know God intended me to be. Yet I am humbled on a daily basis with the knowledge that my Creator loves me anyway. This will not be a place where I beat myself up for the things I don't do or the things I do that I shouldn't have. That type of thinking should remain private. Instead, I hope that my focus here will be on becoming a better wife, mother and member of the human family. All that takes practice, after all! Well..........I'm going to go ahead and post this, my first post on my virgin blog. It is very late, nearly tomorrow, and I don't know how much sense this makes. But at least it's a start...........

6 comments:

Unknown said...

I've really enjoyed following your posts at "My Montessori Journey" so came to take a look here. I can relate to your desire to document life with the little ones (I've just started a blog with that motivation), and I admire your desire to use this space to inspire you to live out our faith. I look forward to following posts here. :)

Leslie said...

Hi Laura,
I found My Montessori Journey a few months ago and I absolutely love it! Are you familiar with the Catechesis of the Good Shepherd? It is a montessori-based christian formation program. I'm trained as a catechist but have only a little montessori training. Your practical life ideas have been such a God send! I've felt so energized by all of your creative ideas and have used a ton of them. I'm guessing you know the Catechesis, but if you don't be sure to check it out. It is an incredible way to share the spiritual life with children. Thank you so much for your blogs!
Leslie

tracey (aka rainbowmummy) said...

Yep you are crazy :0). I look forward to reading future posts!!

Unknown said...

Thanks to all of you for your support of the new blog. I'm excited about it. I haven't heard about the Catechesis so I'll have to check it out.

Gigi said...

What you wrote is beautiful. I also stop myself to slow down. I tell myself, what does a few seconds or minutes really matter in the large scheme of life.
I love your new blog!

Anonymous said...

Thank you Laura! What a great blog. I love the songs you attached and the name of the blog. It is awesome how much kids teach us. I do wish I could stop and discover things with them more often than I do. I was just looking at my pictures and we have a zillion pictures of my son with all the bugs he caught this summer. We had a deal where instead of keeping them in his bug box until they die, he could keep them for a day, we would take a picture of the bug so it would not be forgotten, then my son would release the bug back to nature. Anyway, the look on my son's face in these pictures is one of pure facination - so cool. He always finds the smallest things - like a tiny snail in the midst of a huge amusement park, or a cicada emerging from its shell on a branch way up high. Awesome blog, maybe it will help me to slow down a little bit!