Saturday, December 6, 2008

Planning for next year already

I am loving our stocking Advent activities, but I'm already thinking ahead to next year. I've recently been inspired (for the thousandth time at least) by a few ideas I've seen on other blogs. So for a new twist on next year's stocking Advent activities I am planning to combine ideas I've seen in two different places. We probably wouldn't have done all the same activities next year anyway. After we are done this year I may ask the boys which favorite activities they would like to do again.

Anyway, here are the plans for next year. First, I will choose 25 Christmas books, one for each day of Advent. These will include some we already own as well as some new ones. I will wrap each book up in newspaper or wrapping paper just like Melissa of Chasing Cheerios did this year for her daughter. In the stockings, I will list an activity that we will do related to that day's story, just like Cassi of The Crafty Crow is doing with all her posts this year about Advent books and activities. So each day of Advent we will read a story and do an activity together. I LOVE LOVE LOVE this idea and can't wait to start planning for next year. I think it will be so fun. We will still do crafts and cooking, but they will be related to the books we read each day. LOVE IT!! Once I get a book and activity list compiled I'll post it here so you can "borrow" it if you want to. Then we'll all be way ahead of the game for next year. Won't that be a great feeling?

4 comments:

tracey (aka rainbowmummy) said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
tracey (aka rainbowmummy) said...

I should have known that you wouldn't have found my previous comment about Egg's advent for next year crazy!

Gigi said...

I love this! I can do half Spanish and Half English books!

Jennifer said...

I would love a pre-made list. I didn't do any of this sort of stuff growing up, and just have been discovering this Christmas (due to the net) how many people do wonderful things. I'd like to do things with my kids, too, but am feeling more than a little caught off guard about it.