Friday, December 26, 2008

Christmas Memories Book

My oldest son became quite nostalgic last night about Christmas coming to an end. He can be very sweetly sentimental about things. This morning I asked him if he would like to make his own Christmas Memories book to draw and write about his favorite parts of our Christmas. He definitely wanted to do it. So, I took 2 sheets of white printer paper and folded them in half. I then took a 12X12 sheet of scrapbook paper and trimmed it down for the cover. Then I just stitched down the side using a zig-zag stitch. He used some of my scrapbooking alphabet stickers to make a title for the book.





After doing the title, he immediately got to work on his first page, drawing and writing about his favorite gift, the Mousetrap game. This will be such a great keepsake for him and for our family.



I worked for quite a while this afternoon uploading our Christmas/December photos to Shutterfly into an 8X8 Photo book. I have most of the photos in and just need to add text and order the book. I'm excited to get that done so we can pull it out next year and reminisce about Christmas 2008.

Also today, I printed out a bunch of stuff for projects I want to do with the boys in January. I enjoyed doing the Advent stockings so much that I am already thinking about making and doing something similar for January. I hope to get started on that soon so I can share it here.

2 comments:

MaryAnne said...

I think this little book is such a cute idea, I'll have to remember it to do with my kids when they are a little older.

tracey (aka rainbowmummy) said...

That is so great, I LOVE the mouse trap drawing. You will all have such a nice time lookin at this next year.